The Friendly Pet Sitter is owned and operated by L.A. Redding. Laura is a graduate
of the University of Massachusetts where she holds a degree in Animal Behavioral
Science & M.B.A.
We are licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection as well as a proud member of Pet
Sitters International, an organization founded to "
support, promote, and recognize
excellence in pet sitting."
Our Expanding Staff
joined FPS in the summer of 2006. She is a graduate of Virginia Tech and has a degree in Animal and Poultry Sciences. Now a full-time teacher, Laura devotes her summers to keeping our clients happy. She is a trustworthy and indispensable member of our team. In her spare time, Laura enjoys Flyball and Agility with her three dogs, Curtis, Derby, and Austen. She also owns a very tiny feral cat, Whimsy, who rules her home.
is our newest caregiver. She owns and maintains a mini-farm, home to four horses, six dogs, and two barn cats. Helen is earning a reputation as a reliable and conscientious pet sitter.
Whether you are away on vacation, business travel, or just working long hours, you can trust The Friendly Pet Sitter to provide the quality service you need. Because every client and every pet is unique, each visit we make is tailored to both our client and their pet's needs. The next time you leave home, be assured that your pet is getting the quality care and individual attention they deserve.
Busy work schedules often make it difficult to give your pet the amount of attention and exercise they need. In addition, many pet owners need another option to boarding or traveling with their pet while on vacation. Our service helps loving, but busy, owners keep their pets happy.
Here's how our service is the guilt-free, stress-free, worry-free alternative:
Advantages For Your Pet
- Reduces stress by keeping the pet in familiar surroundings, with a regular diet, and exercise routine
- No trauma from boarding experience
- No exposure to the illnesses of other animals
- Receives love and personal attention while you are away
Advantages For You
- You won't be inconvenienced or upset by leaving your pet at a boarding facility
- You don't have to impose on a friend, neighbor, or relative
- Your home is made more secure by the crime-deterrent measures provided by our service
- While you are away, you can feel confident your pet is in capable, caring hands
- You can use other special services such as watering plants and bringing in the mail at no extra charge
Call Laura, your Friendly Pet Sitter, at
(540) 580-5264 or
email us at
for more information or to arrange a